Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer 2012 - already eventful

Recommitted to more frequent posting - for the sake of my posterity....
It's summertime in Oregon and we are off and running already. Here's some highlights:

*In May, I flew to Boston to be with my sister as she received her PhD! I am so very proud of her and it was great to mingle with some of our relations.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150911168724578&set=t.712643119&type=3&theater



*As of June 3rd, my seminary class graduated and I got my night life back. I do miss those kids, but I don't miss getting up at 5:30 every morning. I am currently reading Jesus the Christ in preparation for teaching the New Testament in the Fall. I will be taking on the incoming Freshman class. I am prepared to crack the whip.

*Leon completed 3rd grade and Anna completed 2nd grade on June 12th. Measured in grade levels, the elementary years are passing quickly. Leon participated in the Country Kids Relay on June 2nd and booked it around the track for his leg. We were very proud. Later that day, both kids participated in their annual dance recital. It was beautiful. A big thanks to the Jackson and Lee families for joining us.

*On June 15th, I participated in my 2nd EPIC relay. Most fun I've had all year (with the exception of skydiving in April). I can't say enough about the impact that running has had on my life. I never thought I would be a distance runner. But, here I am, and I LOVE it. It's a spiritual experience for me. I love my relay team and all the crazy moments of this entire endeavor: 12 people, 2 vans, 187 miles, staying up all night, the steady ring of the cowbell in your ears...
*We went camping this past weekend at Tumalo State Park. This was our 2nd time there and we really like it. The kids did 2 hikes: one at Smith Rock and one at the Lava Caves. Yes, there was some complaining, but they really did pretty well. I took no pictures! Nice going, mom.
*Finally (for now), I have begun a new musical endeavor: to become part of the Salem live music scene. I am working with a band that's just getting started, doing some lead and backing vocals. Lisa and I are going to start with a couple open-mic nights and go from there. I am excited about this because music is so essential to my happiness. Here's a clip from our very first meeting:

No comments:

Post a Comment