Friday, October 16, 2009

No pressure, kid...


Meet the new love of my life: Baby boy Croskey! We know his name, but aren't ready to make it widely known. It took me about a day to get completely used to the idea of having another boy around the house. I knew he was a boy from early on in my pregnancy. (I knew Anna was a boy also - good track record). This time I was right! My initial thoughts were gratitude that he was healthy, what I was going to do with my attic full of baby clothes, and that Anna would be dissapointed about not getting a sister. She took it in stride. A direct quote: "I don't care if it's a boy or a girl, as long as it's healthy, and it's a baby." As I looked at his picture and shopped online for his car seat, my heart melted and I fell in love.

Maternal love is so hard to explain. It's like trying to explain the ocean to someone whose never seen it. I am so grateful for it, because I don't know how these munchkins would make it out alive without it.

So, the dreams and fantasies begin. Someone has to play the drums in Anna's piano band. We need a basketball player. Most importantly, we need comic relief when Mom is stressed about the big kids' homework. We need someone to cuddle who will never say, "I need my space right now." And, we need someone to listen to Anna's rambling lessons about music conducting and the proper way to draw a triangle. You got all that? You're gonna have a great life. No pressure, kid. We love you already! (But, I love you the most).

3 comments:

  1. that was so sweet. i think i might cry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few months ago, Jared out of the blue asked me what it felt like to be pregnant. I had a hard time answering that question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so beautiful, Andrea... That was really tender and just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete